Guides & FAQs – Carbon Trading
How can I sell Carbon Credits on CTX?
Carbon Trade Exchange welcomes any registered company that wishes to buy or sell carbon offsets registered under the Gold Standard or United Nations CDM.
To join the Exchange, please follow these steps:
- Complete an online application here
- CTX will review your application: our Admin team may email you requesting a copy of Photographic ID and; a letter (or copy) from your Bank that confirms the Banking Details listed on your application.
- Successful applicants receive a countersigned copy of the CTX Trading Agreement and a Welcome Lettercontaining their CTX access code.
If you have further questions, please send them to email@example.com
Does it cost to join CTX?
No. Annual membership is free!
How does CTX work?
Carbon Trade Exchange (CTX) is an online electronic spot exchange, allowing buyers and sellers to trade cash for carbon offsets (or credits) in real time, 24/7, 365 days a year. CTX brings transparency, liquidity and market access to global carbon markets.
You can read our rules and trading guide by checking out our resources page.
If you’d like to hear more about the exchange or to see it in action, check out our media centre by clicking here.
If you have more questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What Carbon Offsets can I buy on CTX?
CTX members can buy UNFCCC CERs for Voluntary Cancellation. CERs bought through CTX can be used to Offset your Carbon Footprint.
Members with a Gold Standard registry account can buy (and sell) Gold Standard VERs. These are immediately transferred to your registry account to be Retired or Sold.
If you’d like to buy Offsets from CTX or you have questions about any other Offset types, please email email@example.com
How much are Carbon Offsets on CTX?
How do I list CERs for Sale on CTX?
Carbon Trade eXchange (CTX) has begun listing UNFCCC Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) certified emission reduction (CER) credits on its global voluntary exchange. Engaged with a global audience for almost a decade in the fight against climate change, CTX encourages and facilitates the purchase and retirement by businesses and brokers of carbon offsets from many hundreds of projects worldwide.
Here is how your list your CERs for Sale:
1) Join Carbon Trade Exchange at www.ctxglobal.net
2) Email your KYC documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
——a) A copy of Personal Identification for the Main Account Holder (Passport or Drivers Licence)
——b) A copy of a Bank Statement that confirms the Designated Banking Details provided on your CTX application (must be less than 3 months old)
3) Email CER Project Details to the CDM@ctxglobal.com
——a) CDM project number
——b) CDM project name
——c) Name of focal point entity (Company Name)
——d) Name of focal point representative (Individuals Name)
——e) Volume of CERs
——f) Desired price per unit (in US Dollars)
4) CTX Administrator signs and returns Annex 1 form to authorize Listing of your CERs on Exchange
5) Sign and send Annex 1 form to CDM-Registry@unfccc.int
6) Project Focal Point Representative (FP Rep.) submits electronic forwarding request for their CERs to be forwarded to:
——a) Project Participant: CDM-CTX-Reserve account (MU)
——b) Account Number: CDM 2919
——c) Account Type: 100
7) Once electronic request has been submitted, a signed and scanned copy should be emailed to CDM-Registry@unfccc.int
——a) Please include Project # in email subject line
——b) Please send email from account of FP Rep.
8) CDM Registry team will confirm your listing on CTX
How do I list Gold Standard VERs for Sale?
1) Visit ctxglobal.net to begin an application
2) Enter company information
3) Enter Gold Standard registry account details
——If you haven’t, please contact email@example.com for more details
——If you have, please ensure your registry details are up-to-date (see below)
4) Do NOT upload any Know Your Customer documents
5) Once you have finished the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents:
——A Bank Statement less than 3 months old that confirms the Designated Banking Details listed on your Application
——Photo ID (passport or driver’s licence) for the Authorised Representative listed on your Application
6) CTX Admin will verify your documents and registry account details
7) CTX Admin will authorise your account and the Authorised Representative will be sent the following documents:
——Quick start trading guide
——Signed copy of your trading agreement
8) To list your credits, please login to Markit and transfer lots to GSF CTX Account ID: 103000000002668
——Your credits are then ‘frozen’
——You retain ownership
9) Send an email to email@example.com that provides the following information on your listing request:
——Quantity of Credits:
——CTX Registered Email Address:
10) Your VERs will be available for sale
What are Registries? Which Registries are connected to CTX?
Registries provide the infrastructure required to issue, trace, transfer and retire carbon offsets. They provide attestation of ownership that prevents against double-counting.
To purchase United Nations CERs for Voluntary Cancellation you do not require a registry account.
To trade Gold Standard VERs you will require a Gold Standard registry account. Further details, including how to apply, can be found at the Markit website.
If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I buy Verified Carbon Standard VCUs on CTX?
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to Buy or Sell VCUs. Our Brokerage team is working with a global network of Buyers and Sellers.
CTX has also traded millions of VCUs (or VCS VERs), however, they are not currently available on the Exchange.